|Dates and Standards - Region
For the years 2012-2015:
1 October to 31 March:
Petrol Euro 1,
Diesel Euro 3 or fitted with diesel particulate filter
2-stroke motorcycles & mopeds Euro 1,
Goods vehicles (M2, M3, N1, N2, N3) Euro 3 if not fitted with a certified diesel particulate filter.
Thursdays from 1 October to 30 November & January 7 to March 31:
Petrol Euro 4
Diesel Euro 3 or fitted with a particulate filter
Mopeds & motorcycles Euro 1
Car free Sundays, banning all private vehicles on the first Sunday of the month between October and March.
The measures operates from 08:30-18:30
There are also emergency measures following 7 consecutive days PM10 exceedence, see below.
Vehicles affected - Region
All vehicles, including motorcycles, during the winter.
What is the LEZ boundary - City
Whole area of the town of Castenaso, except for the following road sections related to parking: - Via XXV Aprile (from SP 253 to Via Pasquali) and Via Pasquali, to access the parking on those streets
- Via Fava (from SP 253 to Via Romitino);
- Via Romitino (section included in the settlement of Castenaso);
- Via Ponte Ferrovia;
- Via Nasica (from the SP 253, number 103 / 2), for access to and exit from the parking site in front of the civic offices;
- Via Mazzini (from Via Risorgimento to the end of the street);
- Via Risorgimento (from number 1 to the intersection with Via Mazzini);
- Via XXI October (Via Marano Via to dello Sport), Via dello Sport (from Via XXI October 1944 to Via De Cubertin), Via De Cubertin and Via del Frullo (from the town centre to the roundabout R. Zucchi) for access to and exit from the parking Municipal Cemetery, the baseball field, the Police Station and Bondi House;
- Via Fiesso (from the town to number 7 / 2);
- Via Paolo Fabbri for access to and exit from the parking sites on that street;
- Via Bargello (from the town centre to Via Tosarelli);
- Via Turati (from Via Bargello to Piazza Maria Curie), for access to and exit from the parking lot of Plaza Maria Curie;
- Via Tosarelli (from town centre to Via Bargello).
LEZ Road sign - Country
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Need to Register? - Region
Foreign Vehicles? - Region
Retrofitting allowed? - Country
Retrofitting Summary - Country
Retrofitting a certified diesel particulate trap allows entry to the LEZ. For more information see our retrofitting section.
Hours of operation - Region
For the years 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
1 October to 31 March for the LEZ.
Every Thursday and the first Sunday of the month from 1 October to 30 November & January 7 to March 31.
Enforcement - Region
Penalty - Region
75-450€ (Regional Law)
National Scheme - Country
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
As Emilia-Romagna province
Local name for an LEZ - Country
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for road restriction, also used for LEZs.
Further Information - Region
Air Quality programme for Emilia Romagna region, Emilia Romagna region Grants for cleaner vehicles
There are also the following emergency measures:
After 7 consecutive days exceedence in a province there will be a traffic ban for the following Sunday in the urban areas of the province concerned. If the exceedence remains for a further 7 days in another area of the region the block is extended to the entire region and other measures are also included (reduction of heating controls by 1 degree C, ban of biomass in open fires where another fuel is available, strengthening of controls).