|Dates and Standards - City
For the years 2012-2015:
1 October to 31 March:
Petrol Euro 1,
Diesel Euro 2 or Euro 2 with diesel particulate filter
2-stroke motorcycles & mopeds Euro 1,
Goods vehicles (M2, M3, N1, N2, N3) Euro 3 if not fitted with a certified diesel particulate filter.
Car free Thursdays from 1 October to 30 November & January 7 to March 31: banning all private vehicles
Car free Sundays, banning all private vehicles on 7/10, 4/11, 3/2 and 3/3.
The measures operates from 08:30-18:30
There are also emergency measures following 7 consecutive days PM10 exceedence, see below.
Vehicles affected - Region
All vehicles, including motorcycles, during the winter.
What is the LEZ boundary - City
Urban area of Rimini commune. The exemptions are:
- The Highway 16 (SS16)
- The following sections of the urban road network:
- Viale Principe di Piemonte from the border with Riccione to the roundabout junction with Via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto;
- Via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto to the SS.16;
- Via San Salvador from the Bellaria-Igea Marina to the junction with Via Tolemaide;
- Via Tolemaide to the SS.16;
- the entry and exits to the car park on Piazzale Caduti di Cefalonia to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS16 - Via Marecchiese – Via Caduti di Marzabotto) (link to the public bike sharing);
- the entry and exits to the car park on via Euterpe (Centro Ausa) to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 - Via della Fiera – Via Euterpe) (link to the public bike sharing);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Piazzale Chiabrera to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 - Via Flaminia – Viale Settembrini – rotatoria Ospedale – Via Firenze – Piazzale Chiabrera);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Don Tonino Bello to the SS.16 (path opf entry/exit: SS.16 - Via Beltramini – Via Baroni);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Via XXIII Settembre (Centro i Portici – Zona Celle) to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 – Via Popilia e/o Via Emilia – Via XXIII Settembre) (link to the public bike sharing);
- the entry and exits to the car park on Via G.Fantoni to the SS.16 (path of entry/exit: SS.16 – Via Flaminia Conca – Via G.Fantoni).
LEZ Road sign - Country
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Need to Register? - Region
Foreign Vehicles? - Region
Retrofitting allowed? - Country
Retrofitting Summary - Country
Retrofitting a certified diesel particulate trap allows entry to the LEZ. For more information see our retrofitting section.
Hours of operation - Region
For the years 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
1 October to 31 March for the LEZ.
Every Thursday and the first Sunday of the month from 1 October to 30 November & January 7 to March 31.
Enforcement - Region
Penalty - Region
75-450€ (Regional Law)
National Scheme - Country
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
Local name for an LEZ - Country
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for road restriction, also used for LEZs.
Further Information - Region
Air Quality programme for Emilia Romagna region, Emilia Romagna region Grants for cleaner vehicles
There are also the following emergency measures:
After 7 consecutive days exceedence in a province there will be a traffic ban for the following Sunday in the urban areas of the province concerned. If the exceedence remains for a further 7 days in another area of the region the block is extended to the entire region and other measures are also included (reduction of heating controls by 1 degree C, ban of biomass in open fires where another fuel is available, strengthening of controls).