Dates and Standards - Region
Dates and Emission Standards:
Petrol Euro 1
Diesel Euro 3
Two-stroke motorcycles & mopeds Euro 1 and less than 10 years old
Piemonte LEZs are in operation all year
Vehicles affected - Region
Vehicles under 3,5 tonnes, including motorcycles.
What is the LEZ boundary - City
Inside of the town of Pinerolo, including Abbadia Alpina, excluding the areas Talucco, Costagrande, rivets, Pascaretto, Baudenasca, and Riva, traffic is forbidden to access Pinerolo as outlined below:
- for vehicles coming from Riva, the limit is Str.le Orbassano,
- for vehicles from Roletto and the area of Rivetti, the limit is C.so Torino and Via Martiri del XXI until the roundabout of the Revenue Agency,
- for vehicles coming from the Port the limit is the first roundabout between Via Nazionale and Via Giustetto, Zona Fiugera,
- for vehicles from Osasco, the limit is Via Novare, Via Saluzzo is possible at the end of Via Novare,
- for vehicles from Talucco and S. Pietro Val. Lemina the limit is the urban cemeteries in Via San Pietro Val Lemina,
- for vehicles coming from via Al Colletto, the limit is the intersection between Via Al Colletto and Via F.lli Alliodo
- for vehicles coming from Via Davico, the limit is Strada Belvedere,
- for vehicles from Via San Pietro al Ponte and Via Costagrande, the limit is the intersection of Via San Pietro Al Ponte and Via Costagrande,
- for vehicles from Str.le Poirino, the limit is the intersection with Via Vecchia di Buriasco,
- for vehicles coming from S.Secondo Ponte Miradolo, the limit is the beginning of the territory of the municipality of Pinerolo, for vehicles coming from the ring road, the limit is the beginning of the two junctions entrance to the ring road,
- for vehicles coming from Baudenasca, the limit is Via Vecchia di Buriasco,
- for vehicles crossing the SS 23 from Sestriere on the exit in Via Battitore, the limit is the intersection with Via Giustetto,
1. Residents in the town of San Pietro Val Lemina can cross the municipal area covering only the following streets: Via San Pietro Val Lemina, Via Cottolengo, Via Fenestrelle (stretch between Via Cottolengo - Str.le San Secondo), Str.le San Secondo.
2. Vehicles coming from San Miradolo second zone can reach the junction with SR 23 (tangential to the Sestriere).
3. For vehicles coming from Via Saluzzo, the limit is Via Novare, meaning to the junction with Via Gianni (in order to be able to use the parking).
4. Residents in the hills of Abbadia Alpina can transit to Via Nazionale.
5. Residents in Via Colletto can transit to the junction with Via Martiri del XXI.
6. Residents of Via Bassini can transit in Via De Gasperi to Via Giustetto.
7. Residents in Via Davico can transit to the intersection with Avenue of Remembrance, with parking within 10 meters from the intersection
LEZ Road sign - Region
Has signs similar to this, a banned vehicle sign with the requirements below:
Need to Register? - Region
Foreign Vehicles? - Region
Retrofitting allowed? - Country
Retrofitting Summary - Country
Retrofitting a certified diesel particulate trap allows entry to the LEZ. For more information see our retrofitting section.
Hours of operation - City
Passenger vehicles (M1, up to 8 seats and L1, L3 motorcycles) Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 19.00
Goods vehicles under 3.5 tonnes including motorcycle-based vehicles (N1, L2, L4 and L5)
Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 13.00 and from 14.30 to 19.00
Enforcement - Country
Penalty - Region
Action under Article. 7, paragraph 13, of Legislative Decree no. 285/92. False declarations are punishable under the Penal Code under Article. 76 D.P.R. 445, 28/12/2000.
National Scheme - Country
There is currently no Italian national scheme, but regional as well as individual city schemes.
Local name for an LEZ - Country
Zona a Traffico Limitato (ZTL) or Limitazioni della circolazione, the general name for road restriction, also used for LEZs.
Further Information - Region